Thursday, December 28, 2006

Belated Apologies for Jack Krebs

Link to: original blogpost - comments

Categories : Random Stuff

Editor :

published: mercredi 27 décembre 2006 23:34:15

I have long noted that when most ID critics come to the table, they bring their stereotypes where all ID proponents are either stupid, deceptive, or mentally ill. This stereotype would then often greatly influence the debates, where the critic would go fishing for some tidbit that would serve to reinforce the stereotype (confirmation bias). But with the dawning of the post-wedge world, it has become more clear to me that there are different types of ID critics. That being realized, I think it is more fair to say that this stereotype about IDers is relied upon mostly by type C critics (the hardcore, anti-religious evangelical atheists). This is because the type C critics have the exact same stereotype about all religious people and in their minds, ID = God belief.

So what’s with the title of this blog? Back in the pre-Dover days, when I was posting on ARN a lot, there was one critic who consistently objected when I commented on the critics and their stereotypes and that person was Jack Krebs. Looking back, it is now clear to me that Jack was a type A critic and was most likely speaking about himself with sincerity. So if Jack is out there and reading, I offer my sincere apologies for doubting you and dismissing you at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home