Friday, December 22, 2006

David Heddle on the ID movement

Link to: original blogpost - comments

Categories : Intelligent Design, Post-Wedge World

Editor :

published: vendredi 22 décembre 2006 21:05:33

David Heddle has some fitting words for members of the political ID movement:

News that Cobb County case had been settled, and that the textbook stickers are a thing of the past, made me think of a closing parenthesis. In my mind, and admittedly not in strict concurrence with the actual timeline, the placement of the stickers was the shot across the bow from the Political-Activist Intelligent Design (PAID) movement, and the settlement of the case is the tippy-top of the PAID movement mast disappearing beneath the surface. (Those aren't mixed metaphors, are they? I can't tell.)

I don't have much new to say about the PAID movement. But I thought I would try to restate some old criticisms in graphical form. I'm not sure if the plot succeeds at making my three recurring PAID movement themes: 1) it backfired, big-time 2) it created a cottage industry complete with a cult-like following and leaders with delusions, it would seem, of becoming the White House Science Advisor 3) it was deceptive - it really is about religion - which makes its ends-justify-the-means methods all the more inexcusable.

, , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home