Monday, January 15, 2007

Designer-Centrism

Link to: original blogpost - comments

Categories : Repost

Editor :

published: lundi 15 janvier 2007 21:13:13

I have no problem with a designer being an object of legitimate scientific inquiry (even though those who design experiments are themselves rarely the objects of legitimate scientific inquiry). But how does one do this? If I would like to investigate whether the flagellum is designed, for example, I can make use of what we know about design and then get my hands of flagella. But if I wanted to investigate the flagellum’s designers, it’s not as if I can call up another scientist and ask them to mail over some of the designers to me.

It would seem to me that in order to investigate a designer, you need some idea about its designs in order to detect the designer. What makes the designer a designer are its designs. So how does one detect/investigate a designer without having a clue about its designs?

,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home