Saturday, January 27, 2007

Why intelligent design is not a tool for Christian evangelism

Link to: original blogpost - comments

Categories : Intelligent Design

Editor :

published: samedi 27 janvier 2007 3:31:05

Just recently, I had occasion to write to a Christian university student who is sympathetic to the idea that the universe shows evidence of intelligent design, but afraid to defend that view for fear of ruining his academic career. So he wants to do Christian evangelism instead, on the theory that evangelism will help in the long run.

Maybe it will. But not if the evangelized people decide to live in a two-tier universe, one of which is materialist and the other is - well, whatever the materialists allow them to indulge themselves in.

I do not claim that God guided my words or that I received any special message from heaven when I replied, more or less as follows, with explanatory comments interspersed:

, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home